Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING VARIOUS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS, AND A DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE THAT GOVERNS HOW DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED.
Electronic Agreement. This Agreement is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of your use of the Website and the Service. This Agreement may be modified by Convertist from time to time, such modifications to be effective upon posting by Convertist on the Website. By accessing and/or using the Website or becoming a Member, you accept this Agreement and agree to the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced herein.
1. Access and Retention. In order to access and retain this electronic Agreement, you must have access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must use all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. Please print a copy of this document for your records. To retain an electronic copy of this Agreement, you may save it into any word processing program.
2. Eligibility. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Commercial Use of Service. If you are using the Service and/or accessing the Websites on behalf of a company, entity, or organization (collectively, a “Subscribing Entity”), you represent and warrant that:
4. Account Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password that you designate during the registration process, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify Convertist of any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Convertist will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. If you share your computer with others, you may wish to consider disabling your auto-sign in feature if you have it linked to your Convertist account.
5. Your Use of the Website
a. You must not copy or capture, or attempt to copy or capture, any Content from the Website or any part of the Website, unless given express permission by Convertist.
c. You must not use any Content (other than Your Content) in any way that is designed to create a separate content service or that replicates any part of the Website offering.
d. You must not employ scraping or similar techniques to aggregate, repurpose, republish or otherwise make use of any Content.
e. You must not employ any techniques or make use of any services, automated or otherwise, designed to misrepresent the popularity of Your Content on the Website, or to misrepresent your activity on the Website, including without limitation by the use of bots, botnets, scripts, apps, plugins, extensions or other automated means to register accounts, log in, add followers to your account, play Content, follow or unfollow other users, send messages, post comments, or otherwise to act on your behalf, particularly where such activity occurs in a multiple or repetitive fashion. You must not offer or promote the availability of any such techniques or services to any other users of the Website.
f. You must not alter or remove, or attempt to alter or remove, any trademark, copyright or other proprietary or legal notices contained in, or appearing on, the Website or any Content appearing on the Website (other than Your Content).
g. You must not, and must not permit any third party to, copy or adapt the object code of the Website, or reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, modify or attempt to discover any source or object code of any part of the Website, or circumvent or attempt to circumvent or copy any copy protection mechanism or access any rights management information pertaining to Content other than Your Content.
h. You must not use the Website to upload, post, store, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make available or otherwise communicate to the public:
• any Content that is offensive, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexually
• any information, Content or other material that violates, plagiarizes,
• any Content that violates, breaches or is contrary to any law, rule, regulation, court
• any material of any kind that contains any virus, Trojan horse, spyware, adware,
• any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional messages, spam or any explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, that promotes violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, incites hatred on grounds of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation, or is otherwise objectionable in Convertist ‘s sole and reasonable discretion; misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right; or order or is otherwise is illegal or unlawful in Convertist’s sole and reasonable opinion; malware, bot, time bomb, worm, or other harmful or malicious component, which will or might overburden, impair or disrupt the Website or servers or networks forming part of, or connected to, the Website, or which does or might restrict or inhibit any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Website; or other form of solicitation.
i. You must not commit or engage in, or encourage, induce, solicit or promote, any conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
j. You must not rent, sell or lease access to the Website, or any Content on the Website, although this will not prevent you from including links from Your Content to any legitimate online download store from where any item of Your Content may be purchased.
k. You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, by registering an account in the name of another person or company, or sending messages or making comments using the name of another person.
l. You must not stalk, exploit, threaten, abuse or otherwise harass another user, or any Convertist employee. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our employees is at any time threatening or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your membership and you will not be entitled to any refund of unused subscription fees.
m. You must not sell or transfer, or offer to sell or transfer, any Convertist account to any third party without the prior written approval of Convertist.
n. You must not collect or attempt to collect personal data, or any other kind of information about other users, including without limitation, through spidering or any form of scraping.
6. Term. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website and/or Service. You may terminate your membership and/or subscription at any time via a link on your “Account” page. Alternatively, you may terminate your membership and/or subscription by contacting us at [email protected] If you resign or cancel your membership and/or subscription to Convertist, to help Convertist analyze and improve the Service, you may be asked to provide a reason for your resignation/cancellation. Convertist may terminate your membership and/or subscription for any reason by sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership, or such other email address as you may later provide to Convertist. All decisions regarding the termination of accounts shall be made in the sole discretion of Convertist. Convertist is not required to provide you notice prior to terminating your membership and/or subscription. Convertist is not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing a reason for the termination of your account. Even after your membership or subscription is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect. All terms that by their nature may survive termination of this Agreement shall be deemed to survive such termination.
7. Use of the Convertist Service. You agree that, by submitting your contact information to us, you are requesting that we contact you to determine if you and/or your company is a good fit for the Convertist Service. If you and Convertist mutually agree that you are a good fit for the Service, you agree to the following terms:
a. By providing any information to Convertist, you authorize us to use that information when reaching out to customers. By way of example, but not limitation, by providing us with an email or phone number, you authorize us to provide prospects and potential customers with that phone number. If you do not want us to share information with prospects or customers, do not provide us with the information.
b. You agree to provide us with all current and future prospects, so that we do not contact anyone you have already contacted or are planning to contact. You agree to continually update this information to make the process a smooth one for us and for you.
c. You agree to participate in any weekly or bi-weekly status meetings, the frequency and particulars of which will be based upon your agreement with us. You agree that these meetings are scheduled for your benefit, so that we can keep you apprised of our progress and solicit information that we believe will be helpful in achieving our mutual goals.
d. We will provide you with a list of prospective customers at the beginning of each month. You agree that, if you do not object to any of these prospects, you are authorizing us to contact them on your behalf. If you object to any prospects, simply let us know and we will replace them with new ones.
8. Modifications to Service. Convertist reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Convertist shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
9. Blocking of IP Addresses. In order to protect the integrity of the Services, Convertist reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block Members from certain IP addresses from accessing the Website.
10. Billing; Subscription.
a. General. Convertist bills you through an online account (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Service. You agree to pay Convertist all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of the Service by you or other persons (including your agents) using your Billing Account, and you authorize Convertist to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”) for the Service. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. Convertist reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
b. Recurring Billing. Our subscription plans to the Service consist of an initial period, for which there is a one-time charge, followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. Convertist may submit periodic charges (e.g. monthly) without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice (confirmed in writing by Convertist) that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before Convertist could reasonably act. Contact Convertist at [email protected] to change your payment method or cancel your paid membership by a provider of your chosen Payment Method (the “Payment Method Provider”). For your convenience, we take your payment information so that your Convertist membership will not be interrupted. We auto-renew your membership at the level you selected. Your Convertist subscription will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional subscription rate (if applicable). To cancel, change or resign your subscription at any time, simply email us at [email protected] and we will cancel your account as soon as practicable. If you resign, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period unless otherwise agreed by Convertist.
c. Current Information Required. YOU MUST PROVIDE CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT. YOU MUST PROMPTLY UPDATE ALL INFORMATION TO KEEP YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT CURRENT, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE (SUCH AS A CHANGE IN BILLING ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD NUMBER, OR CREDIT CARD EXPIRATION DATE), AND YOU MUST PROMPTLY NOTIFY CONVERTIST IF YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IS CANCELED (E.G., FOR LOSS OR THEFT) OR IF YOU BECOME AWARE OF A POTENTIAL BREACH OF SECURITY, SUCH AS THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR USE OF YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD. CHANGES TO SUCH INFORMATION CAN BE MADE AT ACCOUNT SETTINGS. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE CONVERTIST ANY OF THE FOREGOING INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT CONVERTIST MAY CONTINUE CHARGING YOU FOR ANY USE OF THE SERVICE UNDER YOUR BILLING ACCOUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE TERMINATED YOUR SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE SERVICE (CONFIRMED BY YOU IN WRITING UPON REQUEST BY CONVERTIST).
d. Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen payment method.
e. Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of the Service reaffirms that Convertist is authorized to charge your Payment Method. Convertist may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive Convertist’s right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Service.
11. Content on Convertist
a. Proprietary Rights. Convertist retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of Convertist, and its licensors. Except where we have given you express written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information. All content on Convertist is proprietary. Except where otherwise specified in this Agreement, all Content is copyrighted material of Convertist and for Convertist Members’ use only. Distribution of Content to others is strictly prohibited. You agree that Convertist would be irreparably harmed by any violation or threatened violation of this section and that, therefore, Convertist shall be entitled to an injunction prohibiting you from any violation or threatened violation of this section, without posting bond, in addition to any other right or remedy it may have.
12. Restrictions on Use of Materials
You acknowledge that Convertist contains certain content, including but not limited to text, images, audio and video content (collectively, “Content”) that are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereafter developed.
All Content is copyrighted under the United States copyright laws (and, if applicable, similar foreign laws), and Convertist owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. All trademarks appearing on this Website are trademarks of their respective owners. You may not modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part. When Content is downloaded to your computer, you do not obtain any ownership interest in such Content. Modification of the Content or use of the Content for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, use of any Content in printed form or on any other website or networked computer environment is strictly prohibited unless you receive our prior written consent.
13. Repeat Infringers
We will also suspend or terminate your account without warning if ordered to do so by a court, and/or in other appropriate circumstances, as determined by Convertist at its sole discretion.
14. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Convertist be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the Website or Service, or use thereof. Nothing contained in this Website or in any written or oral communications from Convertist or its employees or agents shall be construed to make any promise, covenant, warranty, or guaranty, all of which are explicitly disclaimed hereby, contrary to the statements and disclaimers contained in this paragraph.
You agree that sales is an inherently uncertain process, and that, while we will make every reasonable effort to produce favorable results, we cannot and do not guarantee that we will obtain any result on your behalf. We offer no guarantees, including without limitation the number of sales we will obtain on your behalf, any dollar amount you can expect to receive as a result of our work, how long it will take us to obtain results, or the type of customer that we will obtain on your behalf. By signing up with Convertist you agree and affirm that you are assuming the risk inherent in the sales process.
The content and functionality on the Website and the services provided by employees of the Website are offered “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Convertist makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the ownership, accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the Website content or that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from virus or third party attack. You hereby acknowledge that your use of this Website and the Service is at your sole risk.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CONVERTIST, ITS OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULT FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF CONVERTIST HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY.
TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL CONVERTIST HAVE ANY LIABILITY, CONTINGENT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE AGREEMENT, WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, WORK STOPPAGE,
EQUIPMENT FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF CONVERTIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, INDEMNITY OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED.
In the event that any of the foregoing limitations are deemed to be unenforceable, to the greatest extent permitted by law, you agree that the entire aggregate liability of Convertist and sole remedy available to any Member in any case in any way arising out of or relating to the Agreement, Website or the Service shall be limited to monetary damages that in the aggregate may not exceed the greater of $500.00 or the sum of any amount paid by the Member or user to Convertist during the six months prior to notice to Convertist of the dispute for which the remedy is sought.
15. Indemnity by You. You agree to indemnify and hold Convertist, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to:
a. your use of the Service and/or Website in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement including without limitation your representations and warranties set forth above;
c. any activity related to your account, be it by you or by any other person accessing your account with or without your consent unless such activity was caused by the act or default of Convertist.
16. Attorney Fees. In the event that Convertist is successful in whole or in part in any action or proceeding related to or arising from this Agreement, you shall be responsible for Convertist’s attorneys’ fees and costs.
17. Parental or Guardian Permission
Some of the Content on this Website may not be appropriate for children. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THIS WEBSITE UNLESS A SUPERVISING PARENT OR GUARDIAN IS PRESENT. INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEE-BASED SERVICES OR GIVE CONVERTIST THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
19. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law; Dispute Resolution. If there is any dispute arising out of the Website and/or the Service, by using the Website and/or Service, you expressly agree that any such dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and you expressly agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of Delaware, for the resolution of any such dispute. Acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement constitutes your consent to be sued in such courts and to accept service of process outside the State of Delaware with the same force and effect as if such service had been made within the State of Delaware. You hereby agree to accept service of process for any action hereunder by certified mail return receipt requested which service shall have the same force and effect as though service had been effected by personal service in the applicable jurisdiction. If any part of these terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
20. Arbitration Provision/No Class Action. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of using the Website and/or Service, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action (collectively, “Claim”) arising out of or connected with the Website and/or Service, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association for full and final settlement of such Claim, and judgment on the award rendered in the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Such arbitration shall be held in accordance with the Rules for Expedited Procedures under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association or other mutually agreeable organization, before a single arbitrator (with knowledge and expertise of copyright law if the claim is all or partially for copyright infringement), selected by agreement of both parties or by an independent mediator (with knowledge and expertise of copyright law if the claim is all or partially for copyright infringement) if the parties are unable to agree. The parties shall split the arbitration and/or mediator costs. An award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered and confirmed by the courts of the State of Delaware, County of Kent, or the United States District Court for the District of Delaware. The parties agree that any post-arbitration action seeking to enforce an arbitration award or action seeking equitable or injunctive relief shall be brought exclusively in the courts of the State of Delaware, County of Kent, or the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
21. No Third Party Beneficiaries. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
22. Availability Outside the U.S.
23. Entire Agreement
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and Convertist regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service.
24. Severability; Waiver
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. In addition, Convertist’s failure to enforce any term of this Agreement shall not be deemed as a waiver of such term or otherwise affect Convertist’s ability to enforce such term at any point in the future.
The section headings contained in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and shall not in any way affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this agreement. Convertist is a trademark of Convertist LLC.